WaterMate : Control system

WaterMate : Control system »
Mains powered unit not responding Resolved

This support topic is assigned to Theo Luckman. Current status is resolved
Harry
17 Aug, 09:42
Hello,
a couple of months ago I installed a Watermate system in the greenhouse at the school I work in, with the control unit being plugged into mains power. For the frst couple of weeks it ran fine ( except for me needing to adjust timings to avoid flooding the tables it is meant to be soaking ), but then I started to find that when connecting to the device to do test runs, it would always have a warning that there was insufficient battery to pump. As it still seemed to be watering at the set times I assumed this was just a slight glitch and it would be fine, especially as the battery level reported at 53% every time I checked it. A couple of weeks after that, I have found that the unit is completely unresponsive. I have detached it from the irrigation system, and now have it sat beside me in my office, charging a socket that I know definitely works, but no matter what I do it is not making any noises and none of the lights are coming on.

The units serial number is A0C93229E748

I have a separate unit outside to water some planters that is also proving troublesome, but I'll make a separate post for that to avoid confusion.

Harry
17 Aug, 09:45
Attached are photos of the unit just to confirm serial number etc., I forgot to attach them to my original post. I also forgot to mention that I have it attached to mains water rather than using a pump, if that makes any difference.

Theo_Harvst
ADMIN
17 Aug, 09:56
Hi Harry

Just to clarify at the top, this is supposed to be your Mains powered control unit? I can see that you have both a mains and a solar unit. The one shown in your image ( A0C93229E748 ) is actually a Solar. Which would explain it showing a battery level, it has probably ran out of charge as the Mains power supply can't recharge it fast enough. I suspect that either we accidently send you the wrong unit out or possibly there was a mix up with the control units somewhere. Would you be able to get the ID of your other control unit?

Regards, Theo Harvst

Harry
17 Aug, 10:15
Hi Theo, the other unit is 4CF757DAD4D4. Given the slight design differences it looks like you're correct and I just got them mixed up! I have swapped the units over now, A0C9 is now attached to the solar panel and appears to be powered ( lights are coming on and it makes some beeping noises ), although I'll give it some time to build up battery before trying to reconfigure it. I have attached 4CF7 to the mains power supply, and it is still unresponsive, but I'll get back to you in a bit if that is still the case after a couple of hours of charging.

Theo_Harvst
ADMIN
17 Aug, 10:31
Hi Harry

4CF7 is also a solar, looks like we had a mix up at our end and sent the wrong unit out. If you keep A0C9, I'll get you a Mains unit in the post today. We will send you a returns label in the post for 4CF7 ( probably next week as the person who usually does this is on holiday ).

Theo

Harry
17 Aug, 10:34
Hi Theo, thanks a lot, you've been very helpful!

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.