WaterMate : Control system

WaterMate : Control system »
Watermate Mini Solar Control Unit not charging Resolved

Pteppic
19 Sep, 10:52
Hi,
After a couple of months of flawless service, my Watermate Mini Solar Control Unit seems to have died. I installed it on 21 June, and then on 22 August got a low battery alert, and then on 26 August stopped working altogether. I checked and cleaned the solar panel, and that seemed fine. So I then ordered a wall charger, so see if that would charge the unit. But that does not seem to work either, even after being connected for many days, the battery is not charging. When the wall charger is connected, if I click on the power button, the override button flashes about once a second, but nothing else, no beeps. And as soon as I disconnect the wall charger, even this flicker of life stops. So wondering what to do from here?

stacy
ADMIN
19 Sep, 11:21
Hey Pteppic,

This is interesting, are you able to get to the control panel while it is plugged into the trickle charger and get the box online?

Many thanks -Stacy

Pteppic
19 Sep, 13:00
No, there does not seem to be any signal from it.

stacy
ADMIN
19 Sep, 13:01
Ok thank you for checking, I will drop you an email with a postage label and we will have a look at it here.

Many thanks -Stacy

Pteppic
19 Sep, 14:42
Thanks, though bit worried about time scale, we are going away for three weeks in two weeks time, and were counting on automatic watering whilst we were away!!

stacy
ADMIN
19 Sep, 14:58
Hey, We usually can sort a box out within 48h of receiving it. I will make a note on your account that it is an urgent return.

Many thanks -Stacy

Pteppic
19 Sep, 15:07
Great, thanks.

Pteppic
23 Sep, 11:22
Any news yet? Posted off box on Tuesday 19th.

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.