WaterMate : Control system

WaterMate : Control system »
Control Unit Does not turn on

billdeven
12 Apr, 14:30
No signs of life at all from the Watermate control unit when pressing the power button after the winter. Could it be the battery or maybe the solar panel? How do I go about about testing?

billdeven
23 Apr, 14:07
OK. I've now checked the voltage at the battery- 15.88V. Battery pack seems fine. Also checked voltage at the button battery - OK and the panel - 15.88v. So no problems there. Wondered about damp on the circuit board. But everything seems fine in there. Maybe there is something basic I'm doing wrong. Any ideas?

gingerdan
23 Apr, 19:20
Hi there, im having exactly the same issue. I had the automatic water timing off over winter and can see that data seems to have been still recording via the app. It appears to have full battery too. I have also tried charging it via the mains. When i try to turn the device on and off in order to manually water there is no response. No audio or lights. Have tried restarting with override pressed too.

Chris
ADMIN
23 Apr, 19:25
Hi Bill - yep your battery level looks OK. Seeing as you have the lid open, can you bypass the power switch and see if the main on/off switch is at fault? You can unplug it and jump the two pins with a screwdriver. The switches on older control units sometimes have a tendency to give up a little too early. Email the vid to support@harvst .co .uk

gingerdan
23 Apr, 20:15
@chris, I don’t have any circuit testing equipment. Is there a way you can remotely see anything from my device?

Chris
ADMIN
23 Apr, 21:44
Dan- I can see your control unit is coming on during the day and off at night, which may indicate a poor battery. Yours is a v8 model which sometimes reports incorrect battery levels, if you like I'd be more than happy to take a look at the workbench here if you can pack it off to us?

gingerdan
24 Apr, 07:10
Thanks Chris, that would be great. The unit performed brilliantly all last summer after an Initial issue with the pump tripping the control unit which you guys fixed so want to get prepped and ready for the season. I’ve left it plugged into the mains overnight but still nothing. Not sure if the data you can see is post 21st of April? That’s the last time the app reported anything. Where should I send the device?

Chris
ADMIN
24 Apr, 07:34
Harvst, Morgan St, Cardigan, SA43 1DF - with a cover note so we know it's from you!

gingerdan
24 Apr, 08:09
Thanks Chris. Will do.

billdeven
26 Apr, 16:46
I think I'm going to need to send it back for repair. Shorting the switch doesn't make any difference.

Chris
ADMIN
26 Apr, 16:59
Hi Bill - if you're OK to do that, we'll give it a good check and replace/repair as needed for you.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.