Growing indoors / H series

Growing indoors / H series »
My H1 is setup yay :D

Amyl0359
23 Jan, 11:09
I’m so excited!

I have built the H1. I have the extra shelf for microgreens to fit later but want to get started.

I haven’t turned it on yet. Just about to : )

Any tips for getting started or planning what your growing is much appreciated!

Wish me luck…

Chris
ADMIN
30 Jan, 22:26
Hi Amy - great to see - well done!

I would start with something that germinates quickly. You have an empty H-series which is an exciting place to start.

You could try some cos lettuce, which should germinate within a few days in the nursery if you set it to 20C.

It's also worth doing some microgreens too - you have plenty of space and you can get a few crops out of the main growing trays before anything is ready to come out of the nursery. If it's in your bedroom, it should be warm enough for microgreens to germinate without additional heating.

Amyl0359
25 Mar, 11:36
So it’s been pretty much 2 whole months and well I’ve still not got everything working.
On a plus note my plants love the light : )
I am still building my med level and have only just got to opening the window and fan set which unfortunately I’m having issues with. ( Mainly the holes in the H1 are too big for the mid level screw that the level sits on so I’m going to have to fill in the pilot holes and make new holes. The brackets are touching the window and therefore is going to scratch over time I’m still figuring the solution out before sticking the windows in and attempting the fan connection. )
The sensor has now arrived yay so that works yippee no more flashing blue and red light!
Although I still have a flashing blue light hoping I can switch that off or put tape over it.

Back to the main H1.
The lights work great and the fact I can move the light up and down is fantastic for different sized plants.
The very right in the small orange/brown pots all started in the nursery from seeds on 23rd January and when the leaves came out I moved them to the nets in the main level tray and then just this week potted them in those mini individual pots.
Mainly coriander, asparagus pea, lemon balm, onion, spinach, kohl rabi, Pak choi, sweet pepper and lemon grass.
The other half of the orange/brown mini pots are a mixture of summer bedding plants that I bought as small plug plants from the garden centre last week that I potted in to those those week. Mix of geranium, petunia, calibrachoa, sanvitalia and verbena.

The left and centre 40 per tray plug plants are what I potted on from teeny weeny mini plug plants from the garden centre. I still have more of these to pot on once my mid layer is sorted. Some of the teeny weeny plug plants you can see very far right and odd few left at very front clinging on for dear life since they have no room lol.

Nothing in the nursery as of yet but the coir is ready laid for coriander and some other lettuce/salad leaf.
Struggling to get the nursery to reach 15 degrees seems to only come down to 16 degrees. My house is defo not a warm house at all!

Amyl0359
25 Mar, 11:36
The nursery ready for coriander and salad leaves.

Amyl0359
25 Mar, 11:37
Close up

Amyl0359
26 Mar, 19:39
Had to put the mid shelf on blocks for the time being. There are no pilot holes for the shelf screws also I’m not sure whether it is just a really tight fit but I had to take the side window out to get it in and now can’t put the window back in because of where the mid layer is? I don’t want to scratch the window so I will try another day on a day off when I can spend some time with it.

The original screws wouldn’t screw in without drilling holes so I used normal screws but they were too big so the tray for the mid layer does not fit in so will have to add the original screws in at some point too and then level it all and plumb it all in.

Charlotte
ADMIN
27 Mar, 08:42
Hi Amy!

This is looking great. Thanks so much for all the feedback. It's really helpful.

You have some very happy looking plants there :- )

Charlotte

Amyl0359
29 Mar, 09:08
Admin do you have any visual aides to assist with installing the mid layer and also having the windows in please?

Amyl0359
11 Apr, 22:24
Plug plants potted on to bigger plug plants.

Coriander and lettuce seeds put in nursery.
Aubrieta seeds also in nursery.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.