Growing indoors / H series

Growing indoors / H series »
Firmware Feature Requests - Timezone setting, 24h time display, toggle blue LEDs, display timeout

René
11 Feb, 17:33
I wanted to change the time of our H2 and noticed that it was using GMT/UTC. There was no apparent way to change the time zone, and every time I power-cycled the unit it would „correct“ its time back to UTC. I‘d really like to have an accurate local time on this machine without having to do some mental calculations between CE( S )T and UTC.

The timing interval settings are displayed using AM/PM. This is not really a thing here, I‘d love to have every time displayed in 24h style. Please add a setting for that.

I‘d also like to request a setting to switch off the blue LEDs on the back. The H2 is in a bedroom and the blinking blue lights are a bit disturbing. I guess they maybe should stay on in case of an error or to signal a noticeable event, but other than that I‘d like to switch them off.

For the same reason I‘d like to set a timeout for the front display and the button LED. I‘d like to be able to set an interval during which the display and the button LED are off.

Thank you for considering these.

René
20 Feb, 21:49
Hey Chris and team, can I ask if you're considering implementing these things? Working around the UTC/CET thing is a bit annoying but I can live with it, same for the 12h/24h time display. Being able to switch off every light, including the LEDs on the back, the display and the button, is really high priority for me.

The H2 is in a bedroom and the lights and the blinking is really irritating. I have to pull the power plug every evening and power it up in the morning, but that's kinda ridiculous. I'm thinking of 3D printing covers for everything instead, but this stuff is all controllable in software, so it'd be really cool to actually control and configure it.

Chris
ADMIN
21 Feb, 08:09
Hi there - sorry I missed the first post on this. Great ideas. At the moment our priority is simplicity and robustness rather than more features.

That said, "time zone support" is something that is requested by a few users across our product range, so that's one thing that is on the potential road map.

The blue LED on the back would require new firmware on the mini light control board, which needs to be done here ( or at yours if you have ISP programming capability via PlatformIO ). We have a 3D printable cover already, I'll send you the file by email.

I can see a strong use case for turning off the LED/screen between certain hours, so I'll start investigating that.

Chris

René
04 Mar, 18:32
Hey, I must have missed your answer, sorry. I have used platformio in the past to flash several ARM microcontrollers. I don't have experience with esp32, but I'm quite confident I could do that.

Chris
ADMIN
05 Mar, 09:16
Hi Rene

You can now set the "screen on" and "screen off" times in the Device Control Panel for the main board which should help your night time. We've updated your firmware remotely.

Chris

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.