Harvst Web App

Harvst Web App »
cannot connect to the internet Resolved

Marg
17 Sep, 15:54
I run my watermate pro in offline mode but need to update firmware as the clock is jammed. I have taken the control box in range of wifi but cannot connect to internet.
The error message I get is
Saving Credentials
trying to connect to ESP to network
if it fails reconnect to AP to try again
I t fails every time and I do not understand what this means so do not know what to do. I have BT internet and a Samsung phone

Paul S
17 Sep, 21:33
Hi Joan,
Don't know if it will help, but there are some Setup & installation guides on the Harvst web page see link link ( see page 8 & 9 )

How far through the online connection are you getting when you get that error message?

Regards Paul

Paul S
17 Sep, 21:36
Sorry Joan, it should have been for Marg,
Hi Marg,
Don't know if it will help, but there are some Setup & installation guides on the Harvst web page see link link ( see page 8 & 9 )

How far through the online connection are you getting when you get that error message?

Regards Paul

Paul S
17 Sep, 21:38
Setup link link

Regards Paul

Marg
18 Sep, 12:53
Hi Paul I've managed to get online, by turning router off and on. Time is now correct on my controller but I couldn't download any firmware, instructions say it is automatic. Controller connected to Internet all night. Problem I've hot now is how yo switch back to offline. I follow the instructions but when I try and save, it won't save, the controller just turns off. Any help appreciated. Thanks Marg

stacy
ADMIN
18 Sep, 19:11
Hey Marg,

You are correct it will automatically update to whatever version the box is set to update to. To change it back to offline mode you need to hold the wake button down whilst you turn the box on, that will stop it looking for wifi.

Kind regards, Stacy

Marg
18 Sep, 21:03
Hi Stacy I still cannot connect offline, I've done what you say but harvst wifi appears in my settings to connect to wifi and not harvst and box number. What do I do now. Can you help please
Marg

Paul S
18 Sep, 23:06
Hi Marg,
Have you seen the two-page quick start guide at this link
link
( Set up in offline Mode section ) it might have some information to help you.

Not sure if this will work, Where the Harvst wifi shows in your wifi settings list, can you click on it and select forget "harvst network"
Regards Paul

Paul S
18 Sep, 23:16
Hi Marg,
Just a thought, is your battery charge in the orange or green, as a flat battery showing red can cause all sorts of problems.
( due to current cloudy & shorter days, I've had to swap to a mains charger.
Regards Paul

Marg
19 Sep, 09:03
Hi Paul I've had the box indoors charging on a trickle charger so I no it is fully charged. I will try the forget harvst wifi.
Thanks
Marg

Marg
19 Sep, 09:46
Hi Paul I've tried forget harvst wifi and now getting the correct WiFi connection coming up but when it is connected I have about 2 seconds to do something and this isn't long enough. Any other ideas?
Thanks
Marg

Marg
19 Sep, 14:50
Hi Paul and Stacy I've managed to connect offline but when I try to save the off line setting 8t says its saved but it hasn't and just switches off connection to phone. Also it won't let me save changes to watering times.
Marg

Paul S
19 Sep, 20:10
Hi Marg,
As I run mine in online mode I dont really have anymore ideas, but I did do a search on the form and found this link which sounds like a similar problem to yours.
link
Regards Paul

Marg
22 Sep, 08:14
Hi All
Everything sorted. I called into Harvst yesterday and a helpful young man sorted me out by installing some firmware updates for me. Sorry but I didn't get your name, but thanks it is all set up back in the polytunnel and working properly.

stacy
ADMIN
22 Sep, 09:19
Hey Marg,

Glad it is all resolved! Theo mentioned that your water butt is about 100meters from your pump, I think that might be pumping a record for us!

Many thanks for popping in, Stacy

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.