Harvst Web App

Harvst Web App »
Firmware update : 2023020200

Chris
ADMIN
10 Jan, 02:06
-- Remember wireless sensor data
If you have wireless sensors paired with your control unit, the last data received is now shown on the device dashboard ( when you access it directly via it’s wifi network ). Previously, dashboard data was reset when the control unit went to sleep. Note that if the control unit is rebooted, or turned off and on again, the dashboard will show blank wireless data until the sensors wake up and send new values.

From time to time, the control unit will reboot itself ( to clear memory ), and in this case, if the sensors have not yet reported in, you might see empty sensor data when you next access the dashboard.

-- Auto calibrating low tank alarm
We've made some improvements to the way that low water alarms are triggered, to deal with different irrigation setups where the pump back pressure might vary. Your system should auto-calibrate, to detect the difference between pumping air and pumping water. If at any time you feel your low tank alarm is not triggering when it should, or is over-sensitive, you can run the calibration process ( see link )

-- More precise time management
Solar control boxes will now very briefly wake every minute, for improved time management, and for monitoring power consumption on newer control units. If it’s not due to report data to your web account, it will go straight back to sleep. You’ll see a single flash of the power LED for this brief wake. Sensors are not checked, and no watering logic is checked during the quick wake.

-- WiFi password
You can now set a WiFi password for your control unit. Particularly useful if your control box is in a public place, where you don’t want anyone connecting to it maliciously.

1. Connect to your control box WiFi network ( eg HARVST-xxxx ) and go to the settings page.
2. Enter a WiFi password. It needs to be at least 8 characters.
3. Save and reboot.
4. On your phone or tablet, edit the wifi settings for HARVST-xxxx to “forget this connection” ( or similar )
5. Ensure your control unit is turned on and awake, then connect to its wifi network again. This time you should be prompted for a password.

If you change the password later, you may need to update your phone; either edit the password in your phone’s WiFi settings, or forget the connection so that you are prompted for the password next time you connect.

To reset the control box WiFi, and remove the password, perform a factory reset for the control unit, or if you don’t want to reset all settings, update the password to be blank.

-- A different process for connecting to wifi
To improve the reliability of our wireless sensors, we have made changes to the way that you first connect your control box to your wifi network. Boxes already configured for online mode will retain the wifi details and will not need to be reconfigured, unless you change wifi details. See how to connect to wifi in online mode here : link

Karen_P
29 Apr, 07:29
I don’t know if it’s related to this latest update but I can no longer connect to my control box. I was away at work for the last 10 days and noticed during that time I was no longer receiving any data from my wired sensors. On returning home yesterday I tried rebooting the control box by powering off and on. Since then I am not receiving any data- no temperature for the greenhouse and although I could see the Harvst wifi network this morning couldn’t connect my phone to it. I tried setting a water boost yesterday but this has not yet been sent.
Please can you advise what I should do.
Thank you
Karen

Chris
ADMIN
29 Apr, 07:39
Hi Karen, I can see your control unit updated fine and continued operating afterwards, so it's not that. When you say you can see the WiFi, but can't connect, is it that your phone won't connect to it, or you can connect but you get a "404" error when trying to access the dashboard? The control unit last sent data at 2.30 yesterday. Can you do a power cycle again, and let me know if it starts with a long beep? That would mean it's booting in offline mode.

Karen_P
29 Apr, 13:46
Yesterday I am fairly certain it was a short beep after I switched the power on again. Just now I got a short beep and then a long one.
Karen

Karen_P
29 Apr, 14:30
I have enlisted some IT help at this end!…

Went through initial setup process again: re-entered home wifi network ID/password, saved, rebooted. All data/control options now seem to be back.

Not sure if this is what helped, or if you did something at your end. Thank you!

Karen_P
29 Apr, 15:11
Spoke too soon. When all the data showed up again in my app after going through setup process I thought it was working again as normal. However it then failed to do any 30 minute reads. And it is not until it was woken up again manually that I can see any sensor data on the app - I m not sure if you can see it logging any sensor data.
Help!
Thank you
Karen

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.