Harvst Web App

Harvst Web App »
Mobile Website or Mobile App? Resolved

DickeyTT
16 May, 13:33
Hello, there is a difference between a Mobile Website and a Mobile App; typically, the mobile app is an application that you download from the app stores from your phone, where as a mobile website is something that you access from your browser.

Is the Harvst really just a mobile-enabled website? I think this is confusing to call it an app, which most people think of as, as I have explained above.

Chris
ADMIN
16 May, 14:10
Hi Dickey - ours is a "web app" rather than a "native app" ( the latter is downloaded ). The former is a set of specially prepared web pages which uses the phone cache and other features.

This page gives some more background into the differences between a web app and a [mobile enabled] website: link

I can see how this can be potentially confusing, I don't think we mention "Mobile app" anywhere; if we have, let us know!

DickeyTT
16 May, 14:40
ok thanks for letting me know, it is confusing as when you say the app word, I naturally think 'native app' or just app. But good to know and I will stop trying to find it in the Apps Store.

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.