Harvst Web App

Harvst Web App »
Chart display issue on some browsers

Chris
ADMIN
12 Mar, 09:32
It's been brought to our attention that the data chart in the web app is not fully displaying on some web browsers. The legend shows, but not the data line. So far we've identified the following browsers at fault:

- Chrome on PC and Mac
- Edge on PC

It's intermittent though, which means it's also related to the data which is supposed to be showing on the chart. If you are seeing display problems, please let us know on this thread and we'll let you know when we have a resolution.

Gawain
15 Mar, 00:40
Hi Chris, hope you’re well.
I’ve got the same issue so seems to be affecting Safari on iPhone too.
All the best
Gawain

GB
16 Mar, 08:57
Morning,

No chart data whatsoever, blank screen on android running Google chrome.

GB.

Janiewaah
16 Mar, 12:15
Same here, Android running Chrome

ianmac
17 Mar, 11:43
Also lost charts in data, it's running in android/chrome.

BiasB
17 Mar, 15:12
Same here in Web App and going through Safari, Duck Duck Go and Firefox on iPadOS.

Tobias.

tnmboswell
18 Mar, 09:27
Yep, plus one for Safari on iOS 👍

Chris
ADMIN
18 Mar, 15:23
Hi folks - I've found a short term fix for the chart. It looks like an update on the chart system software we use now prevents us from using two Y-axis legends in the same way that we have been so far ( one left and one right ). I've had to remove the left Y-axis ( which was % humidity/moisture ) ; this at least gets the chart back in action. I'll investigate longer term solutions next ( including things like a better mobile phone view which has been on the cards for a while ). Watch this space.

ChrisP
21 Mar, 04:12
I don't know if this helps, Chris, but Microsoft Excel allows two Y-axes, and even two sets of data on each axis. With the Excel Web App, it is very easy to export the graph to a web page. Excel can also automatically update data from a website using various methods like: Web Queries ( Web Queries in Excel ), Power Query ( Get & Transform Data ), External Data connections, VBA ( Visual Basic for Applications ) Macros, and by using Add-ins and Third-party tools. Here is an article on "data scraping" by one of these third-part tools ( Fortra ): link.

BiasB
21 Mar, 23:05
Well it worked for a few days but now it’s disappeared again.

GB
22 Mar, 06:00
Same here, quite frustrating.

ChrisP
22 Mar, 07:00
Yep. Disappeared for me too ( both Chrome on PC & Android, and Edge on PC ) - just when I've sown seeds and I'm trying to keep track of day and night temperatures! Sigh!

Techielass
22 Mar, 08:33
Yeah having the same issue, it was working for a few days there but has disappeared now.

Experiencing the issue on the following setups:

- Edge on PC
- Chrome on PC
- Edge on Android
- Chrome on Android

Gasmanone
22 Mar, 12:00
In same boat ! Off to Canada for month of April and it would be so nice to see the temp, solar, and watering graphs for reassurance?

Good luck with problem shooting Chris, at least it is not a problem at my end.

BW

Chris
ADMIN
23 Mar, 07:14
Hi folks - the chart is now back in action, apologies for the disruption, and thanks for the reports!

Gasmanone
23 Mar, 09:32
90% better
BUT

on touching graphic display all disappears
Still a few bugs Thanks for the continuing work.

Gasmanone
23 Mar, 09:34
See example

ChrisP
23 Mar, 14:31
Well done, Chris, for restoring the graph - and both axes as well! :- )
The only problem is that the temperature readings from my humidity sensor are being plotted 20 degrees too low. The humidity sensor temperature is actually within a couple of degrees of the control unit temperature probe ( currently 21 degrees for the control unit, 23 degrees for the humidity sensor ), but - according to the chart - the control unit is 21 degrees, and the humidity sensor is 3 degrees! If you do a mouse rollover, however, the pop-up correctly displays 21 and 23 degrees respectively. Maybe you could take a look on Monday?
Have a nice weekend.

Gasmanone
25 Mar, 18:40
Today 25March, was flushing out my lines due to overwinter grit / gunge build up and spotted a gross watering error ….. See graph .. 30 mins !! Vs 30 secs
Still a few irritating bugs in the Micropython ? Don’t give up G.

Chris
ADMIN
25 Mar, 22:02
Well done for spotting! This is a data reporting / chart error rather than a watering error. If the "finished watering" message doesn't get through to the server, the chart will show an extended watering period. We have it in plan to store the message on the control unit and re-attempt sending, but at the moment it's a "send once and don't reattempt" algorithm, partly to save battery power.

RichB
10 Apr, 13:21
Hi there, I installed my Watermate Mini a few days ago and I dont seem to be able to read the watering or solar information via the server. My chart/csv file displays just temperature data. When I was connected locally, it did log solar and manual test waterings, but subsequent days...nothing! Any ideas?
( Chart attached for reference )

Chris
ADMIN
10 Apr, 17:09
Hi RichB - you are on really old firmware from 2022 so I have started the upgrade process. Once you are on latest firmware we'll check back. It shouldn't take more than an hour, though we have to bump you through a couple of versions.

RichB
10 Apr, 17:23
Ok thanks. It’s been a bit cloudy here so hopefully the box will hold up for another hour. Cheers

Chris
ADMIN
10 Apr, 17:29
hang on ... our system says your control box is mains powered, so it won't be going to sleep to save power, which a solar one should be doing. When it comes online I will investigate and fix if needed.

RichB
10 Apr, 18:20
Ah! That may explain why it was dead at 17:20 when I went to my allotment! It’s an early model I bought in 2022 but have only just installed it. Thanks for your support, Richard

RichB
11 Apr, 11:04
Hi Chris,
It seems like one firmware update has been done. No further activity since 7:01. Is there anything needed from my side? Thank you...
Richard

Chris
ADMIN
11 Apr, 12:35
Hi Richard, let's continue on a support ticket so that others on this thread don't get notifications! I'll send you an email

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.