Irrigation

Irrigation »
Humidity sensor to trigger watering? Resolved

Al
02 May, 16:10
Is it possible for low humidity on the humidity /temperature sensor to trigger watering. If so how do I configure this?

Theo_Harvst
ADMIN
02 May, 16:33
Hi Al,
Yes it is possible :
You can alter this in the watering settings, scroll down a bit further past the temperature controlled watering. You should see 'moisture control', under 'link to sensor' pick your wireless humid/temp sensor, then select the low moisture you want it to water at, input how long you would like it to water for eg 30 seconds.
Then hit save

Hope this helped,
Theo

Al
02 May, 18:32
Thanks Theo. I am unsure if this has to be done in conjunction with a timed water schedule - ie programming water for 30 Secs at 9.00 AND water if humidity is below a certain level. Or can I just use a low humidity reading in itself to trigger watering?
Very pleased so far with the set up - just trying to fine tune it!

Chris
ADMIN
02 May, 20:24
Hi Al - our control logic is OR, so you could use timer triggers and sensor triggers, so the pump runs if timer is on OR the sensor value has crossed a threshold.

You should be able to change these settings both in the web app and on the device itself [for offline mode, or faster response to your settings change]

Al
03 May, 08:08
Thank you! I will experiment!

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.