Irrigation

Irrigation »
FAQ: Pump running but no water from nozzles

Chris
ADMIN
14 Jun, 10:20
If you have a water valve in your system, ensure it’s connected to the right socket on the control unit. Check the connections are secure. Hold the water valves with your hand and run manual watering for ten seconds. You should feel and hear the valves click just before the pump turns on. If the valves do not click, they are faulty. If the valves do click, you have a blockage somewhere in the system. In rare cases, the orange submersible pump will get an air lock. Unplugging the hose from the valves while the pump is running will get it working again, and will confirm that water is getting to the valves OK.

Lunde
09 May, 15:19
Hi, I have followed this. I'm struggling to believe the valves are faulty as they have been unused throughout winter, protected but now when I've switched everything back on they are not letting water through.
What's the recommendation from here if the valves do not click, is it the valves or is it the control box? Is there a way to diagnose this issue further? I don't want to be buying new valves just to figure out if that's the problem, it's going to get expensive if that's the case. My system isn't very old.

Chris
ADMIN
09 May, 16:35
Hi Lunde - yes it's unlikely to be the valves ( but not impossible ).

Remove the grey adapter and take out the blue filter to clean. You can also take out the black flow rate limiter; that will improve flow when they do work.

Does the control box click when you do watering? That would be the relay inside, confirming that the box is wanting to water.

One thing to check is which valve type you have set on the control unit; older versions of firmware let you choose the valve; make sure it's 3-pin non-latching. If your device settings page doesn't have a valve choice ( you're on latest firmware ), let me know and I'll point you at the next option.

Lunde
10 May, 13:11
Hi Chris. Thanks for relying.

The filter is clean. I then removed the black limiter and tried it again. As soon as I press 10sec water the pump kicks in so if the control unit is clicking I can’t hear it to confirm ( my pump is pretty close to the control unit, I could change this if necessary )

I must be on old firmware, I have the option to change the valve. ( It is set to the correct one though )

Lunde
13 May, 10:17
I can't see how to update the firmware, can you please advise? Thanks

Lunde
16 May, 20:28
Hi is there any update on this issue? I can’t use my system at all at the moment.

Chris
ADMIN
16 May, 22:03
Hi Lunde

If the pump is coming on, the relay is coming on inside the box; but that turns on the pump, the valves are separate. It may well be that you have faulty valves; could you send a picture of the connections on the top? If they are wired incorrectly or faulty we'll replace free of charge.

Are the valves definitely connected to the valve output? The temperature sensor uses the same 3-pin plug. No need to update firmware, but if you let us know the box ID we'll set it to update here when it next connects to the internet.

Lunde
17 May, 12:27
Thanks Chris. I can confirm it’s plugged into the valve output.

ID: C40E92BD9710

Chris
ADMIN
17 May, 17:09
OK, thanks - one last try before we send you new valves, I have set your box to upgrade to the new beta firmware version 2024050200 which does some auto-detection of valves / battery testing which will let me see a bit more info over the weekend.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.