WaterMate : Other

WaterMate : Other »
Not pumping, debug steps Resolved

stacy
ADMIN
16 Mar, 09:41
A couple of debug things to try before contacting support if the system is not watering and you have already checked that it is plumbed in correctly and there is water in the tank.

1 - Check for click on the solenoid/water valve - run the watering on zone 1 or 2 and check that the solenoid clicks - if no clicking then it could be an problem with the solenoid but try the next step anyway.

2 - Disconnect the snap on connector ( hose ) from the solenoid and run a watering cycle. If water comes out then the pump is working as expected. If step 1 also failed the issue is the solenoid but if step 1 passed the issue could be with the control box.

Tom
03 Jul, 16:26
How long should a pump for Watermate mini last. I’ve tried step two which failed, but the control unit is behaving oddly. The wired sensors stopped working ( now okay ) and I get the unable to connect to Wi-Fi beeping regularly. So I think the pump has failed but getting the control unit to override and pump to both zones very rarely works. Any idea it’s very frustrating!

Chris
ADMIN
03 Jul, 16:29
Hi Tom - the pump failing shouldn't prevent connecting to WiFi so that would be a separate thing. The pumps should last over a year, but it does seem to depend a little on conditions as some have been going much longer than that and some less.

I've set your control box to update to the latest firmware when it next comes online, where you can turn off "pump shutdown" which happens when a potential fault is detected. When you say that override rarely works - does the pump start but not run for long enough?

Tom
04 Jul, 15:16
It appears to start for a second or two but no water comes out!

Paul S
04 Jul, 16:16
Hi Tom,

Is this the same ( start then stop ) with the outlet pipe removed from the pump?

Regards Paul

Tom
07 Jul, 14:08
I’ve tried it but only removing the hose from the valves.

Chris
ADMIN
07 Jul, 15:15
Tom - if you put your box into online mode it will update firmware and you will have the option to disable the pump shutdown feature; it might be that.

Tom
09 Jul, 14:51
Hello
The box is in online mode. It just loses the Wi-Fi connection every time it tries to connect. I can connect to it but as soon as I try to reconfigure it it loses connection! I’ve brought it indoors and it’s still the same . It’s never been really consistent. It either over waters or doesn’t water at all. Help I am at my wits end with this thing!

Paul S
09 Jul, 17:21
Hi Tom
Have you "ever" been able to connect over the internet via the App to see any watering history etc, or only connect directly with the control units dash board pages.

In the term of the "over or no watering" are you  trying to water using timers or sensors?
and
Regarding your pumping issue, have you tried holding the pump in a bucket and use the manual water button on the top of the control box to see if it will pump any longer? ( Be interesting if you can feel any vibrations from the pump when trying to pump}

Regards Paul

Tom
09 Jul, 19:36
I am unable to change anything on the box. The box seems stuck in online mode but won’t connect. I am unable to change to offline mode. In control panel the drop down list doesn’t give me the option to switch to offline mode!!

Paul S
09 Jul, 20:10
Hi Tom,
To set up in offline mode, this can only be done on the control box by using the main on off button and the top override button together.
( below is a copy from a previous post from Chris at HQ )
if you want to set it up in online mode, turn it off then on again *while also holding the override button down*. This will boot into OFFLINE mode which will then let you access the device to configure your home wifi details.
But reading your other post’s it seems you have already been there. ( When I do this I do leave it a few minutes before I restart )
Regards Paul

Tom
10 Jul, 10:41
I have never come across anything so unreliable. The device has never worked properly. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots

Chris
ADMIN
10 Jul, 13:02
Hi Tom, to set the box into offline mode, you just need to turn it on with the watering /override button held down. You will get a long beep when it turns on, then it will be set into offline mode. Then it won't be hunting for Wifi, however I would like to get you on the latest firmware to avoid any doubts. I see three networks that the box has found there ... one of them appears to be yours, and the box last connected to our servers on the 3rd of July so it has managed in the past.

Note that when you save the wifi settings on that page, the box will turn it's broadcast ( harvst-Ac38 ) off while it then connects to your home wifi. Your phone will disconnect from the control box wifi at that point.

When you save that page, the should beep as it's trying to connect. Do you get any beeping?

Chris
ADMIN
10 Jul, 16:23
Hi Tom - I see you have managed to get it online now, excellent. The firmware has also updated. Let me know if you have any more questions, we're here to help!

Tom
11 Jul, 14:18
I’ve finally got the box to connect to the router/Wi-Fi and check in. I’ve done what you suggested and disconnected the pipe from the pump and it seems to pump water out for a couple of seconds. The box has updated the firmware so is there a method to reset the pump. I think there may be an issue with iPhones!

Chris
ADMIN
11 Jul, 14:21
Interesting ... what was it on your iPhone that didn't work ( which I guess you managed to make work on another device ) ?

Paul S
11 Jul, 19:35
Hi Tom,
Now you have the latest firmware, have you selected the option to disable the “pump shutdown feature” and retry the watering with the pump inlet pipe disconnected from the valves?
Regards Paul

Paul S
11 Jul, 22:02
Hi Tom,
My last post, should have said “pump outlet pipe disconnected from the valves”not inlet.
Regards Paul

Tom
12 Jul, 18:10
Where is the pump shutdown feature! It’s either missing from my options or our iPhone and android phones are not showing the feature. Can you explain exactly where I get to it. I may have to borrow a laptop or tablet if it’s the phones. Thanks for your help!

Paul S
12 Jul, 20:18
Hi Tom,
The pump shutdown feature is on the settings page of the control unit, It's NOT on the online App, But it can be accessed via the app IF you can logon to the control box at excatly the time the control uploads the data to Harvst's Server, it might be easier for you to find the setting in offline mode, have upload a photo of pages, Note magenta highlighter is online & Blue Offline, ( Hopefully I have it right, If not perhaps someone can correct my post ).
Best of luck Paul

Tom
14 Jul, 14:30
Hello
I’ve managed to change the pump shutdown to off. When I manually turn on watering to both zones the pump run for about 3 seconds and fails to pump any water. Any advice would be appreciated!

Tom
14 Jul, 14:30
Hello
I’ve managed to change the pump shutdown to off. When I manually turn on watering to both zones the pump run for about 3 seconds and fails to pump any water. Any advice would be appreciated!

Paul S
14 Jul, 20:46
Hi Tom,
It sounds like you need to test the pump on a 12v battery to eliminate it, can you or anyone you know do that, I have made a test lead as an experiment /example from a pump extension cable, fuse / holder ( for safety ) and two crocodile clips, see photo.

Regards Paul

Tom
15 Jul, 13:34
Hello
I’ve replaced the pump for a new one and it is still doing the same thing. I’ve changed the setting in the control panel from pump shutdown enabled to off with the same result. Any further help would be appreciated.

Tom
15 Jul, 13:36
Is there a more comprehensive manual with full explanation and instructions available!

Paul S
15 Jul, 15:53
Hi Tom,
I think there are only the instructions that came with the control panel, but there are some videos on youtube link but dont know if they will be any help.

Try working on zone 1 only, set all the zone 2 timers to zero and turn OFF all the other watering settings Humidity, Temperature, etc. and try manual or timed watering.
If still no joy could you upload a screen shot of all the watering settings pages on zone 1

Regards Paul

Tom
18 Jul, 11:04
The control unit is still behaving exactly the same. If the pump is new it must be the control unit that is faulty. Can it be reset to factory default mot!!

Paul S
18 Jul, 19:41
Hi Tom,

Before we suspect the control unit might be faulty, could you try the following on Zone 1 only.

1. Is the battery indicator in the green? if yes move to step No 2 ( If No disconnect the pump cable and valve cable and any other sensor cables from the control unit leave for two days, then recheck battery indicator, if in the green replace the pump cable only )

2. Remove the supply water pipe from the solenoid valves.

3. Try a manual water, If you have a longer water flow time? reconnect valve cable to the control and water pipe to the valves, wait until battery is back in the green, test again.

4. Report back your results.

One thing I did notice on your setting page is how close your watering times are, my solar panel would struggle to recharge the battery in a hour, I would recommend maybe watering about 9am and then at 3pm or thereabouts, this should give the battery time to recharge into the green.

What WIRED sensors do you have on your system?

Regards Paul

Tom
20 Jul, 15:07
Hello
I’ve found the issue. Just below the main admin screen there is a field associated with a pump float. This option has become on. Not sure how or why. The system stopped working on the 3rd July when I was on holiday. I deleted all the other fields and set them to off. That field was below the visible screen and I didn’t know it was there. So it’s working now!! Thanks for your help.

Chris
ADMIN
21 Jul, 20:04
Great stuff Tom - good investigation. That's something we'll ask others to check in the future.

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.