WaterMate : Other

WaterMate : Other »
Control box disconnected

Kevin_Woo
20 May, 13:01
Hi there, my control box got disconnected on the 17th somehow and I can’t seems to get it back online, it did a long beep and then a descending tone. Please help

Kevin_Woo
22 May, 17:02
I think it’s not charging with the solar panel, it goes from a assenting to straight to a descending g tons when i try to switch it on/off

Kevin_Woo
23 May, 13:19
Any advice is appreciated 🙏

Stupps
23 May, 13:56
Mine too!

Chris
ADMIN
23 May, 15:04
Kevin - I can't immeditately see why it would not be charging. The long beep means it's booting in offline mode ( it may have failed over to that, but let's leave that for now ). If you can leave it turned on with the solar panel in the best position you can manage for a couple of days, I would hope it would charge. Is yours the 5W or 10W panel?

Irene - is yours making any noise when you turn it on? Probable best start a new chat for yours as we're going to get confused with Kevin's thread.

Kevin_Woo
23 May, 15:45
The solar panel is 5W, I have left it on for the last few days, previous it would charge no problems in this type of weather, it’s been fairly sunny in London 😎 maybe the solar panel has died?

Kevin_Woo
24 May, 16:02
So it has been sunny all day and I decided to test it, I pressed the Wake button, it went from a ascending tone straight to a descending tone, but it did flash green on the top, first flash slowly then a slower beat before it went. Does that mean anything?

Chris
ADMIN
24 May, 16:42
Hi Kevin that's definitely low battery - we'll send a replacement [reconditioned] control unit and solar panel just to cover all bases, if I can ask you to return yours when you receive the replacement that would be amazing, then we can diagnose here.

Kevin_Woo
24 May, 18:59
That would be amazing, thank you so much x

Kevin_Woo
31 May, 20:41
Hi Chris, I have received the replacement box and solar panel today and have connected it to the wifi, it was doing 4 beeps, what does it mean? Also when I connect the wired soil sensor 2 it doesn't seems to pick up any data, is there some settings that I need to configure?

I will send the original box and solar panel back over the weekend for diagnose.

Kevin_Woo
02 Jun, 20:40
I suspect the issues originated from the wired soil sensor 2. I noticed the 4 beeps, and the moisture data flashing on/off on the app; once I disconnected the sensor the beeping seemed to have stopped and the battery is not drained ( start charging again ), which might have also caused problems to my original control box, shall I also send the wired soil sensor back with the solar panel and Corolla box to investigate?

Chris
ADMIN
04 Jun, 10:51
Hi Kevin - thanks for the investigation and sorry I didn't get there before you! I think we'll just replace with wireless soil sensors for you. Do you have an extra solar panel and control box? We can arrange a collection for any extra kit - let me know.

Kevin_Woo
04 Jun, 18:04
Hi Chris, unfortunately I think I will still need to send the original control box for further investigation. I tried to recharge it using my original setup minus the wired soil sensor for the whole day ( sunny ) and it doesn’t seems to charge and it’s not giving me any sound indications. But removing the wired soil sensor did seems to fix the 4 beeps on the replacement control box.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.