WaterMate : Other

WaterMate : Other »
Slow first charge? Resolved

adamstrawson
24 May, 14:35
Hello! I received my WaterMate ( Mini ) kit yesterday, and have set up the Control Box as per the instructions.

I've yet to setup any of the accessories ( pump etc ) until it's fully charged, however, I'm finding that it's struggling to charge sufficiently and not sure if it's normal.

It has been plugged in since it arrived yesterday mid-afternoon, by the time the sun went down it was at 10%, and today it hasn't gone any further despite the panel being in direct sunlight. ( Even our home solar is pulling in 3KW at the moment ).

The data shows that the solar panel is pulling 22V which appears to be it's limit too, but the battery % doesn't seem to change

Battery volts 14.03 V
Remaining 290 mAh ( 10 % )
Current drain * 0 mA
Solar volts 22.34 V

Does the first charge just take some time, or could there be a fault here?

Chris
ADMIN
25 May, 07:51
Hi Adam - no, the first charge should be fine and yes your battery level is low. I can see you have set it up in online mode which is great- we can see the data, and the battery appears not to be charging. I will get a replacement box and solar panel sent to you, if you would be so kind as to send the old one back in the post to us? We don't know if it's a faulty box or solar panel at this point so we'll replace both for safety.

adamstrawson
25 May, 08:03
Morning Chris!

Thank you so much, it’s appreciated! Glad it’s not just me doing something wrong too!

Thanks,
Adam

adamstrawson
07 Jun, 11:14
Hey Chris!

Thanks for sending through the replacements, I'm all setup now and the new control box is working as expected. I tested with both solar panels too, which both work fine, so it does seem to be the original control box I received that's not charging.

What's the process of returning the faultly unit and spare solar panel? Do I need to be sent a returns label to use, or where should it be posted to?

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.