WaterMate : Other

WaterMate : Other »
Solar Control Unit has no light or sound Resolved

Sovharb
24 May, 20:00
Hi, we bought the Watergate Mini Solar pumped / v8 with the 10W solar panel for our allotment. The mini solar control unit was set up in the offline mode and worked for a few days. Now there is no response when you press wake up. There is no flashing light or sound when the power switch is cycled off/on. The solar panel output is 21vdc and battery voltage is 16vdc. The harvst-xxxx does not appear on my wifi settings, leading to the assumption it's not waking up. Is there a control unit reset back to factory settings or any other ideas?

Chris
ADMIN
25 May, 07:46
Hi, sorry to hear that. We are seeing some mini pumps cause the fuse to blow prematurely. We haven't ascertained the exact cause yet. Is it possible for you to open the case and inspect the fuse? It would need a PZ1 screwdriver, on the 6 holes on the rear of the case. If not, no problem, we can do it here for you, if you are OK to return the box to us?

Sovharb
25 May, 11:16
Hi Chris, the fuse has blown. 10A fuse. I have checked the mini pump and it doesn't appear clogged.

Sovharb
26 May, 19:11
Hi Chris, I have replaced the fuse and control unit powered up. When the mini pump started to run the control unit shutdown again. I will check and replace the fuse again. Can you please arrange for a replacement mini pump to be shipped. Our original order number 3120 / 35075

Chris
ADMIN
26 May, 23:39
Yes, of course. If you can replace with a 15A fuse, we now have a firmware shutdown process ( from firmware 2023052600 ) which will prevent the fuse from blowing. We will get a new pump sent on Tuesday.

This support query has been marked as resolved

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.