WaterMate : Other

WaterMate : Other »
Low water message issue and wireless temperature sensor appears lifeless.

Rockgeo
29 Aug, 19:06
Hi,
I have a couple of problems:

1 ) My newly installed Watermate Pro reports “Your Harvst system is reporting low water, or some other problem with pumping” every time it waters. It appears to water OK however ( default 30 secs, twice a day ). Water butt is full. I’ve checked the setup and connections, but no blockages or other issues that I can detect anywhere. Pump, valves and water bottom are all very close to each other. Polytunnel is about 3 metres from valves. I have tried only watering one of the two zones at a time, but same issue. Photo of installation attached, if it helps.

Any idea as to why I get the warning email? What other diagnostics can I try?

2 ) I also installed a wireless temperature/humidity sensor. It paired OK and sent data for a day or so, then stopped. Opened it up and pressed the button, but led does not light up. Do I have a dead device?

Paul S
29 Aug, 20:17
Hi Rockgeo,

I recently installed my second Water Mate Pro system in a 6 x 8 feet greenhouse and had a similar alert, on my system I noticed the pump sounded as if it was straining when pumping, ( it was only feeding about 14 shrubblers ) to reduce the strain on the pump all I done was opened up all the shrubblers to increase the water flow ( they now water about a 6 – 8” area around the plant roots ) then reduced the watering time to counteract the increased flow. ( I think the pump was a bit overkill for my green house )

Somewhere in the forum I think somebody fitted a extra 4mm return pipe back to the tank with a tap to control the return flow.

Regards Paul

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.