Wired sensors

Wired sensors »
Zero moisture reading on one of the sensor

Kevin_Woo
05 Apr, 13:19
Hi harvst, I have a wired soil moisture sensor and in of them is not giving the moisture reading ( at 0% ) but the temperature reading is still working, please help

billdeven
06 Apr, 02:41
Hi Kevin, I have the same problem. The wired sensors seem to just stop working for no obvious reason. Both of mine have stopped. They came back to life after a few weeks but then died for good. Everything else is working. I wondered whether there is a problem with water ingress into the probes. I guess they have to operate in a tough environment. You could try putting the failed one in a dry, warmish environment and see if it recovers. Otherwise I'm afraid it's terminal.

Chris
ADMIN
06 Apr, 13:51
Hi both
I would like to offer you a trial of our wireless sensors. They are not due for release until later in the spring/summer, but I can send you a pre-production unit free of charge for testing. Let me know if you'd like to try.
Chris

Kevin_Woo
06 Apr, 14:17
Hi both, thanks for the reply, will definitely try drying it out and reinsert. And thank you Chris, would love to try out the wireless sensor, does it work with the earlier control box? I have the original white box.

Chris
ADMIN
06 Apr, 14:18
Hi Kevin, yes they should be compatible with the older control units, we will confirm here before sending one out to you.

Kevin_Woo
07 Apr, 22:26
Update, I was doing some tidying up and rearrangement and turned off the control box for a while, the moisture sensor is working normally again after I turned it back on 👍🏻

billdeven
24 Apr, 13:05
I've found what's wrong with my soil sensors. One of them has a tiny hole in the plastic casing. Probably enough to let a bit of moisture in. It seems when one fails the other one stops operating. Disconnecting this one brings the other one back to life. I will try drying it out and filling the hole with silicon. Perhaps it had a small imperfection in the plastic casing or maybe it got damaged while gardening. They are quite delicate so it is probably best to remove before weeding etc.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.