Wireless sensors

Wireless sensors »
Sensor no longer logging data since pairing

—Tom—
14 Jun, 10:48
Hi I set up the wireless temp/humidity sensor and it was logging to the app. I then saw the setting to pair with the watermate and went through that process. It paired successfully and says it is paired now in the app but is no longer logging or showing data. Is it better to leave it unpaired? ( I wasn’t sure what pairing did )
Cheers,
Tom

Chris
ADMIN
06 Jul, 07:45
Hi Tom - sorry I missed this when you posted. Can you let us know your control unit ID ( or its wifi network ) and I'll take a look?

marijus75
13 Aug, 07:02
Hi. The same problem here.
Control unit ID B8CC3229E748.

Chris
ADMIN
14 Aug, 08:35
Hi Marijus
The logs from your control unit show that it's not got a sensor paired with it; can you send a screenshot of the control unit "wireless devices" page for us? The one you used to click "pair now", it should show a paired device ID.
Chris

marijus75
14 Aug, 09:03
Hi Chris,
The sensor is working in standalone mode, but if I choose the connected to Control unit mode, the data is not received by the Control unit.

Chris
ADMIN
14 Aug, 09:04
Thanks - but it's the screen from the device control panel I need ( log on to device wifi then click Settings > wireless devices )

marijus75
14 Aug, 09:46
I paired the sensor.

My questions:
1. If the wireless humidity/temperature sensor is connected, the wired temperature sensor is not needed anymore. I can set the humidity and temp conditions for an additional watering. Right?
2. May I connect the wired soil moisture sensor to the Temp input? Do you sell this wired sensor, because the wireless soil moisture sensor is still not available?
3. I tried to change the system time of the Control unit unsuccessfully. The CU reboots and the time is not changed. It is 2 hours difference between UK and Lithuania.

marijus75
14 Aug, 09:59
The temp and humidity data is not changing in the Harvst app, so CU does not receive the data from the sensor.

marijus75
14 Aug, 10:13
If wireless sensor is paired with CU, there is no setting in the app how frequently sensor sends data to CU. What is the automatic setting?

Chris
ADMIN
14 Aug, 10:27
That looks like it's paired OK. The sensor sends data to the CU every 30 minutes, just before the CU sends data to the server. The CU waits for 30 seconds after the scheduled time, in case the sensor is a little bit late, and then sends data anyway ( but we get the debug for that, and your box is not waiting ).

You can also try wireless test mode to confirm: In the device control panel, on Settings screen, turn wireless test mode one, then press the button in the sensor. The CU should beep to indicate that data is being received.

However it looks like data is now being received from the sensor via the CU; it might have needed time sychronisation between CU and sensor. Let's see how it goes through the day today.

For setting the time, we don't yet support non-UK timezones; the CU will update from the server every time it connects. Time zone support is something we hope to introduce soon.

marijus75
14 Aug, 11:04
Thank you. Let's see how data flows during the day.

And what about my other questions?

1. If the wireless humidity/temperature sensor is connected, the wired temperature sensor is not needed anymore. I can set the humidity and temp ( received from wireless sensor ) conditions for an additional watering. Right?
2. May I connect the wired soil moisture sensor to the Temp input? Do you sell this wired sensor, because the wireless soil moisture sensor is still not available?

Chris
ADMIN
14 Aug, 12:47
1. Yes you can use the wireless sensor for triggering watering, you don't technically need the wired one, but there is no harm in keeping it plugged in.
2. We don't have any wired soil moisture sensors at the moment, sorry! We are working on a new version which we aim to have ready for early 2024. These will plug into the temperature sensor port, and will be compatible with existing control units.

marijus75
14 Aug, 15:58
Thank you.

marijus75
05 Oct, 13:36
Hello. Something wrong with wireless humidity/temperature sensor. Could you check?
The temperature is not correct. The wired sensor shows actual temperature, but wireless sensor not.

Andy
11 Apr, 12:09
Hi, having a similar problem with a new solar control unit and a new humid/ temp sensor.

Was working when first paired, battery seemed to drain a bit quick and then stopped recording. Recharged unit, working again for a few hours then shut down again.

I have not got droppers/sprays fully set up yet so the pump/controller does hit top pressure. Is it the error messaging that disrupts the recording from the humid/temp sensor?

Andy
11 Apr, 20:01
That’s the humid/temp sensor stopped again after recharging. Seems to coincide with when the solar charge tails off.

Pressure alarm now sorted as more nozzles fitted and working fine.

Chris
ADMIN
13 Apr, 21:58
Hi Andy
We have a few reports of wireless sensors draining battery faster than they should. It will be related to timing, ie the main controller is sleeping when the sensor is trying to send data ( or vice versa ) - I will let you know what we find out.

Datanode
14 Apr, 08:12
Hi Chris and Andy, just to say mine has held charge since our discussion on another thread. For reference Andy, I charged mine and it lasted about 4hrs, a lot less than what I expected.

With help from Chris and for his reference, it’s been running since the last discussion and still showing near full charge, back to how it should be. That’s about 4 days so far.

Hope you figure it out 🤞

Chris
ADMIN
16 Apr, 00:42
Hi Andy - can you let us know your control unit ID ( or sensor if it's not paired with a controller ) ... I can't find your name or email on our list of devices. Assuming your device is online and I will be able to take a look?

Andy
17 Apr, 16:45
Hi, everyone, thanks for feedback.

The firmware update does not seem to have helped. Battery down after a half day, no longer recording!

Chris
ADMIN
17 Apr, 16:48
Hi Andy - I'm not sure it's the battery - I have found a control unit here at HQ which is exhibiting the same behaviour [control unit does not stay awake long enough on the half-hourly wake for the sensor to send its data in. Normally it will stay awake for up to 30 seconds to allow for timing drifts but it appears it's not always doing that]. Leave it with me for a day or two to monitor.

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.