Wireless sensors

Wireless sensors »
Wireless hum/temp sensor

Datanode
09 Apr, 14:55
I have a wireless temp/humidity sensor, I was struggling to pair it with the control box. Used to work fine, but stopped working.

I unpaired it then tried repairing. I have had it in standalone mode to try and get fw updates.

It is on: 2023071800

I have since managed to get it linked back to the control box. But it fails after a few hours each time.

Either the battery is dud but seems to say it’s fine and last update was at about 85%. So that would be odd unless malfunctioning.

Any suggestions on what to do. Yesterday it didn’t update for about 19 hours. Since reconnecting this morning, it managed readings for about 2 hours ( 4 ) then gave up.

Datanode
09 Apr, 14:56
I ultimately wanted to have soil moisture sensors, are these on the horizon anytime soon?

Chris
ADMIN
09 Apr, 15:01
Hi there

You're right - the sensor battery looks OK so it's possibly a timing thing between your main box and the sensor. I've set your sensor to update to FW 2024040802 and your main box to update to 2024033100 ... I don't believe there's anything specific in these upgrades relating to sensor communication / timing but if you can pop the sensor back into stand-alone mode for the FW upgrade then at least we can get them on the latest firmware and removed that potential problem.

I'll set your control unit to diagnostics mode from here, and keep an eye out for trouble.

Chris

Datanode
09 Apr, 16:33
Thanks trying that now, will report back

Datanode
09 Apr, 16:37
Well, that makes sense, it’s dead… when I push the button it won’t light up green. Only thing that made it come to life was the usb being plugged in.

Datanode
09 Apr, 16:37
It was fully charged yesterday morning

Datanode
09 Apr, 16:49
Updated firmware, will let it charge until full light again. Suspect it just needs a new battery.

Is there any difference with the new wireless sensor? As with the other post, ground moisture sensors?

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.