Wireless sensors

Wireless sensors »
Wireless sensor battery discharging within a week

TheGardenerOfKent
29 Jun, 17:58
I have has a wireless sensor for about a year currently running 2024040801.

I tried updating to the latest firmware - water mate is on 2024060601 - but still losing charge too quickly.

Battery shows 4.5volts when charged.

Any suggestions?

TheGardenerOfKent
29 Jun, 17:59
Sorry meant to say there appeared to be now fw update available for sensor.

TheGardenerOfKent
30 Jun, 11:06
So maybe not battery issue, just goes unresponsive and loses WiFi settings. Have to manually log on to sensor, redo WiFi settings then pair with water mate.

Paul S
30 Jun, 11:26
Hi TheGardenerOfKent
I’m having similar issues where the Wireless sensors are not communicating / loosing connection with the Water Mate Control and can’t see any reason why, I‘m going to start recording date, time, Humidity and Temperature to see if any link appears.
My Sensor battery is currently 3.7 - 3.8 volts.
Regards Paul

TheGardenerOfKent
05 Jul, 08:30
Hi Paul, I've given up with mine for the time being as it literally loses WiFi within hours.
Any illuminating insights?
What firmware are your sensors and water mate on?

Chris
ADMIN
05 Jul, 10:00
Paul - it looks like yours was trying to update firmware ( just yesterday it updated, which suggests it had been trying for a long time ). The latest sensor firmware is 2024062500. Yours both look done. However I am getting alerts fairly regularly that your control box is staying awake waiting for the sensor to check in. This happens when the sensor wakes too late to send to control box during the control box awake time. Let me know your findings.

TheGardenerOfKent - yours is not trying to update firmware, but it is not on the latest version so yours might be showing some other unknown connection problem. I'm going to set yours to update, so when you've next charged it, can you leave it near the main control unit ( within good range of your home wifi ) so that it updates to 2024062500? When it starts updating the light will flicker for 30-60 seconds.

TheGardenerOfKent
05 Jul, 17:30
Hi Chris,

The sensor is currently inside, connected to WiFi and paired with the water mate.

TheGardenerOfKent
06 Jul, 06:43
I presume a good wifi connection is preferable to close proximity to the control unit? The sensor was in the house by the wifi router overnight and is still paired to control unit. It has been sending temp/humidity data, but still on FW 2024040801.
I presume it checks for a FW update when it sends data so hopefully that will happen over the weekend...

TheGardenerOfKent
08 Jul, 18:09
Sensor still connected to WiFi since moved into house, but no FW update.
I tried running through the upgrade steps outlined on another support thread, but nothing happened. Any ideas?

Chris
ADMIN
24 Jul, 13:20
Sorry about this, it dropped off my radar. I've set it to update to 2024062500 now.
As an aside, we have also just introduced a new feature to temp/humidity sensors which does a self-heat to clear any moisture build-up. If humidity goes over 90%, the sensor will self-heat for a minute ( at most once a day ). When we're ready for that to be more general release, I'll let you know.

TheGardenerOfKent
24 Jul, 17:20
No problem, it has now updated. Will see if that helps with the WiFi dropping out.

Self heat sensor sounds like a good plan. I'm guessing there is a tricky line with battery life you have to tread.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Damien

Chris
ADMIN
05 Aug, 08:40
Hi Damien - I've set your sensor to update to 2024072400 which includes the self-heat feature.

TheGardenerOfKent
06 Aug, 07:27
Perfect, thank you

Register for a free account and join the Harvst community.