As part of the Harvst growing system, we provide heated seed trays / propagators and larger heated tubs or containers for deeper soil. A large tub of warm soil in the bottom of a Harvster or cold frame will also keep the air warmer than the outside ambient temperature. This is great if you're growing on a hard surface in containers, but if you're growing in soil, then other options are needed.

What do you use? What would you like to use? Soil heater cables and soil warming cables run off 240 volts, which is sometimes hard to get out to your greenhouse or where you might have your Harvster. If you already have a mains powered Harvst control unit, would you want to plug in a low voltage heating cable too?

Let us know!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/18/2020 at 12:47 PM, Earthboy said:

I was looking at these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elixir-Gardens-Warming-Thermostat-Propagator/dp/B01N5TGL0P but haven't got one yet. Thing is I don't have any mains power outside so I don't know how I would make that work???

You would need mains power in the garden for these, and in fact you would also need mains power in the garden for a Harvst heated system too. There's just not enough power in the sun to run heating economically. (especially in winter when the sun is low and only up for a few hours)